MENTOR’S MODERN ITERATION OF THE TRADITIONAL FRONT PANEL LED SIGNAL INDICATOR LIGHTS
Based on a single SMD LED, MENTOR has developed a new family of panel indicator lights, available in a wide range of standard products combined with options for customised solutions. They are easy to assemble and can be used in both indoor and outdoor applications.
Standard Products: Ø3mm or Ø5mm versions with LED Options
All standard products have a robust plastic housing, available in black or with a metallic appearance. The lens diameter is either 3mm or 5mm. They are available with a choice of white or RGB low-current LEDs.
Simple and fast Push-fit assembly with Cable or Plug connection
The new signal lights use a push-fit rather than screw-in design - they are simply inserted into the front panel mounting hole and fixed securely in position by the integrated metal clamp ring. A choice of Cable or Plug termination is offered (for 2x2 multi-pin connectors with a pitch of 2.54mm). The diameter of the mounting hole is 8mm, the same as the previous MENTOR THT version, so that the old signal light can be easily replaced by the new SMD version in existing applications.
Waterproof - UV-resistant - High ESD protection
High-quality seals completely encapsulate the PCB, providing IP68 rating. In addition, UV-stable materials have been used, making the panel indicators suitable for outdoor use. The combination of the SMD LED with a light guide within the signal indicator results in very high ESD protection for the front panel or enclosure.
Easy no-tooling customisation
The modular concept means that it is simple for MENTOR to deliver special customised versions - additional tooling costs are not normally charged. The SMD LED options include single colour, special colours, duo-LED, IR and night vision. Other customisation options include: I²C controller, series resistors and alternative electrical connections. Options that may incur tooling charges include: coloured lenses, special lens shapes, alternative body colours and other aperture shapes and sizes.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF MENTOR’S PANEL LED INDICATOR LIGHTS
- Modular system with standard, low MOQ, ex-stock products and a wide variety of options for customised solutions
- Can be used in a wide range of applications
- Simple and rapid assembly; insertion with no need for screws
- UV-resistant – Suitable for outdoor use
- Robust plastic coloured or metallic-effect optic housing
- Waterproof – IP68 (with a Ø8H7 mounting hole)
- Simple replacement during redesign for existing 8mm assembly mounting hole
- Minimum thickness of front panel: 1.5 mm
- Various options available regarding the light beam appearance, housing etc
- Assembly borehole: 8mm diameter
- Front bezel: 10mm diameter
- Lens: 3mm or 5mm diameter
- Low current LED: RGB or white
- Housing: Black or Metallic optic
- Connection: Bare wire or plug connector for 2x2 pin header (2.54mm connector pitch)
- Freely-selectable LEDs: single colour, two-colour, IR, or night vision
- I²C controller, series resistors, etc
- Specially shaped lenses, alternative housing materials, coloured lenses, internal and external reflector etc
|General Technical Data|
|Front panel hole: Ø 8mm||Housing: Black or Metallic optic||Signal Indicator Bezel: Ø 10mm||Housing Material: PC UL 94|
|Lens: Ø 3mm or Ø 5mm||Light Guide Material: PC UL 94|
|Low current LED: RGB or White||Connection: Wire or plug for 2x2 pin header (2.54mm pitch)|
|Part Nos in bold font are available ex-stock with a low MOQ – please hover over Part No to see details
Part Nos not in bold font have a 6-8 week lead-time but please enquire – this can sometimes be much shorter
|3,000 pcs MOQ for custom lengths/heights|
|Customised solutions are available – some solutions can be realised with minimal or even zero tooling cost|
|Very high level of ESD protection for the front panel|